LIVING IN THE SKY
- Melbourne’s Abode318 was awarded 6th best apartment building in the world by the 2015 Emporis Skyscraper Awards.
- Comprising of six bedrooms, three bathrooms and a spacious living area, Jennen’s apartment on Level 49 at Abode318 has been a welcoming home to friends, students and travellers since 2015.
- Check out 318 Russell St, Melbourneon Google Maps.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.
- Situated in the heart of Melbourne, Abode318 is within a short walk to China Town, RMIT, State Library of Victoria, Melbourne Central, QV, Carlton Gardens, Melbourne Exhibition Building, Lygon St and Melbourne’s main road, Swanston St. The University of Melbourne is within 2km distance and an easy tram ride away.
- If you’re not familiar with Melbourne, it’s important to note that many areas of the city are not as liveable, and this is reflective of real estate and rental prices.
- For example, it is not recommended to live in Docklands. There is no culture and little nightlife. In addition, strong winds constantly flow through the Docklands. Docklands is known asa ghost town and is an example of ‘how not to design a city’.
SAFETY & SECURITY
- On the west side of the city, e.g. Spencer, King, William, Queen & Elizabeth Streets, there are many nightclubs, strip joints and bars, which result in more street and traffic noise at night. These areas can feel unsafe, particularly on Friday and Saturday nights.
- On the east side, there are more parks, restaurants and China Town. The nightlife in this area is much more peaceful.
- Abode318 features a 24-hour Concierge and security guard, and only residents on Level 49 have access to Level 49.
- The majority of apartments in the CBD are not ideal to live in, as many apartment windows are single glazed and are too close to ground level. As a result, there can be an abundance of traffic noise at all times of the day and night.
- Situated on Level 49 and providing double glazed windows, Jennen’s apartment is free from general traffic noise. It is peaceful and quiet to live in the sky.
- The Abode318 amenities are world class.
- Level 9 encompasses a fully equipped gym, 25m infinity lap pool with a reflective ceiling (so you can watch yourself swim backstroke), oversized sauna and steam rooms and relaxation lounges. On the opposite side is the games room, which features two table tennis tables, two pool tables, a massive television and ample couch space for lounging. Adjacent to the games room is the indoor BBQ area, which features four BBQs, a vertical live garden and enough space to accommodate up to fifty people. Bathrooms and showers are also available on Level 9.
- Level 55 features another fully equipped gym with incredible views. However, this gym is exclusive for residents on Level 35 and above. The Day Spa adjacent to the gym comprises of a 12-seater Jacuzzi (hot tub), sauna, steam room and relaxation area. This is also exclusive for residents on Level 35 and above.
- On the other side of Level 55 is the Dining Room and Sky Lounge, which can be booked, free of charge, through the 24-hour concierge. Up to 20 guests can be invited to share the use of these areas. The Dining Room seats up to 20 guests and features a commercial kitchen that can be utilised. Both the Dining Room and Sky Lounge feature 80 inch TVs that can be used to watch television or linked to a computer via an HDMI cable.
- Level 55 also features a large quiet study area, where residents can work and enjoy an amazing view over the entire city.